What do we do?
We work with you by providing advice, information and support to help you achieve choice and control of your work goals, based on your individual situation. Support is provided on a one-to-one basis, by experienced disabled advisors to assist you to remove the impairment related difficulties and barriers you face in getting or staying in work. We can assist people in all work-roles and with any impairment or health condition. Indeed, our aim is to support all disabled people to find and progress in the full range of work opportunities.
How can we help you?
Our experienced disabled advisors have provided support to disabled people and people with long term health conditions for many years. We know that each individual situation needs appropriate, relevant and accessible information and support. We have provided personal support to people by giving individually tailored:
- guidance on effective job hunting;
- advice on the removal of barriers or difficulties faced, whilst at work or in education or training;
- information about getting support from the Government (for example, Access to Work);
- information about disclosing an impairment;
- information about how to talk to your employers if you are having difficulties; and
- support with starting up or running your own business, as well as other issues in business.
And if we are unable to give you an immediate answer, one of our advisors will research the topic and contact you with the information or we will signpost you to an organisation that can provide the advice and information you need.
So, whether you have never had a job or you have worked in the same career for many years, if you have an impairment and would like to know more about the support that may be available to you in work, you may find it useful to look at the sections below on employment and self-employment.